28.7.24

Complete Tank Transporter

It has taken a while to get to this stage, must admit I thought it would be easier to build than the tank but it proved me wrong. I am sure I will keep adding painted detail to it until it goes of for filming. We have already shot some prelimiary stills and it looks great on the set. 

So for the final build. As you already know I have added a second motor so power and traction are no longer a problem and it can easily haul 200kg. The ESC seem to be working fine and the extra cooling seems to work brilliantly. I will definately use the ESC again probably even on my 1/4 scale tank which I will probably start in October. 

The driver is now fully animatronic, head and arm movements.

I have tweeked the smoke system and it is now much better, stronger smoke and more consistent. 

The trailer steering was causing me a few problems but is now fixed. I simply used heavier steering linkages because the older ones where bending, strange watching 10mm threaded rod snap. 

I have added a few more lights plus trailer strobes. The tractor strobes have been upgraded and I think they look much better. Reversing beep, horn and reversing lights have all been added. 

There are a few 1/6 props added, ladders, brushes shovel etc and fitted on the tractor unit.

One major change was the hitch between the trailer and tractor. I have now built a working fifth wheel and must admit it works better. 

Overall specs: Length = 3300mm (yes over 3meters)

                        Width = 640mm

                        Height = 480mm 

                        Weight = Total 130kg:  Tractor = 80kg.  Trailer 50kg.   

                        Speed = 12mph:   Scale speed 1/6 = 72mph

 

12" figure showing the size of this thing. 











No comments:

Post a Comment