8.9.24

Panther 6x6





Been a couple of weeks since I have done any work on the  new build since working up the chasis.

I decided to make the main part of the body on this build out of 6mm ply wood which will be skinned with 1.2mm aluminium. Problem is that wood is not very strong so i have needed to build a sort of frame armature out of 12mm box steel. This will create strenght and give me something to attach the wood to. The front glass section will be covered in the same smoked 3mm acrylic I used on the tank transported cab.With regards to where all the internals will go it is going to be really simple. At the rear will be the batteries which will be accessible via the rear doors. Electronics will be behind the side sliding doors and in the center of the unit will be the water container and spray system. I have still not worked out how to make this very powerful but I am working on it. To give you an idea of size the model is already 1500mm long, 570mm wide and 550mm high and that is without any body work. On a possitive note it should be lighter than the tank.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment