28.11.23

More work on the turret and Gun system

A bit more work on sculpting the turret.

 









The Gun system.

The idea behind this is a little different from the model RC recoil tanks. My system will be blank firing. I will be using 209 Primers which produce a good bang. I will need to design the system so that I can get to the breach on the gun so I will be able to reload the primer rounds. It will be single fire then reload unless I can come up with an autoloader system. I also need to think about fume extraction once the round has been fired. I can go with an active system which will simply be a fan fitted in the turret which will blow the smoke out of the barrel once the round has been fired, or I could try a passive system like on real tanks, only problem is I dont know if it will work on a scale model.




Tank put back together to see what the turret looks like now it is all welded up.










Very simple barrel tilt system. This will be driven by a servo providing elavation.




This will be where the primer chamber system will sit and the electronics which will fire it.



No comments:

Post a Comment