13.12.22

Terminator T1 Robot Build

 So you have probably been following this build on YouTube over the last year.  One whole year, it is hard to believe it has taken me this long to build the T1 but she is now nearing completion.

The project started in 2003 when I first saw the T1 robots and wanted to build one. The track system was always the problem, plus budget. I did not have a Hollywood buget to build this Robot and this, in the early stages of planning, always stalled the project. I would cost up the tracks and would be coming in at £3000 just for the tracks. This was ment to be my budget for the whole build. 

One of the main issues was that I was having to use two 350w 24v wheelchair motors to power the T1. I did not want it to be tethered so it would have to carry everything. When you start adding up the weight of building the tracks in metal or even rubber which was my first idea, plus the batteries and all other bits and bobs the weight was to much for the motors. All the way through the design process it caused so many problems, how to overcome the weight issues.

On the 23rd January 2022 I had worked out the design problems and started the T1 build.

When you work your way through the build videos and follow me on the journey you will see that, funny enough, the tracks turned out to be the simplest parts to build. 

I always knew this build would present design and mechanical engineering problems but when I started the build I could not have imagined how difficult this project would be and how my initial budget would disapear very quickly. 














































I have thousands of photos showing the build process but it is so much easier to follow the journey of the build on YouTube seeing how I overcame the mirriad of problems this build threw at me, and it is still not over. The build was Phase 1, we still have Phase 2 and 3 to come.

Full build click here.























































No comments:

Post a Comment