14.12.23

Fully assembled to check everything.

 I decided to fully assemble the tank just to make sure that all the new bits I have been changing and fitting all fit once fully assembled. There were a few problems but on the whole everything is looking good. I have added a couple of large eyes to the rear of the tank which will aid it lifting it or securing. 

Interestingly it is heavy. Two people can just about lift it with the front and rear handles fitted. These handles fix into the front and rear twoing eyes. When I get the chance I will weigh it but as a guess I would say it is around 80kg. I have decided to get myself once of those sissor lift trolleys as there is no way I can move this thing round on my own without something like this. 





There are still loads of details to add plus paint then weathering so still along way to go. After all that I will need to get into the electronics. I have already fitted the fire servo and gun elavator actuator, both systems work well. 

Gun Elavator

The gun elavator system is really very simple. It uses a mini 20N 12v actuator with a 50mm stroke. As you can see from the pictures as the actuator opens out it hits the 45 degree plate forcing it to travel downwards, rolling on the mini bearings fitted at the end of the actuator staft.  The actuator is secured to the gun barrel mechanism which means when moving as it is deflected down by the 45 degree plate the gun will move upwards. As it retracts the weight of the gun barrel will all the gun to lower. A spring system is fitted to keep the whole gun barrel system just a bit heavier than neutral making sure the mini actuator is not stressed. Whole system works very well and the speed of the actuator at 30mm/s is ideal. 







No comments:

Post a Comment