5.1.24

Electronics fitted.

 







Most of the electronics are now fitted both in the lower body and turret. There is loads of programming and tweaking to do but essentially, it is alive.
Custom sound board was a bit of a chore and is certainly not compact but does work very well. I have decided on six sounds with two others being triggered via physiscal switches. The main six sounds are triggered from the sound board via home made RC relays. This places the sounds onto the RC system which means I can now use the sounds much more effectively thna just switching a sound on and off. Turret motor is bing a bit of a pain. It is very powerful but given that it is an old drill motor the slack in it is a bit of a pain. I need to work on this. I fitted a kill switch under the front pannel which initially I was not going to do instead relying on the resetable fuse as a switch. I have removed the resetable fuse and replaced with a nornal 50Amp main fuse and use a kill switch to power on/off the tank.
The turret is removable and connected via a large multiplug in the rear section. Charging system is fitted and works allowing both solar and standard 24v charging onboard. 

I had a couple of driving tests with the turret fitted. Everything worked fine , the only issue was that the turret bounced alittle. This is due to the small lazy susan bearing I had to use. I am going to try and solve this by building a stronger bearing holder on the attached to the base of the turret.

The radio needs setting up with all the Lua and Logic switches. I have fitted a couple of LED's into the barrel. These will sync with the servo that will pull the firing pin and trigger the gun firing. I have had to add a delay to the LED flash with logic switches to allow it to sync with the smoke comming out of the barrel. If I was using a smoke generator it would be easy to sync the smoke and light but because I am using a real blank firing gun the sync is a bit harder to achieve.








Lots more work on the detailing but still along way to go. Starting to look tank like though.
















No comments:

Post a Comment